Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hard Core cuz I Live Hard Core....with an Orange Bandana

NOW UPDATED WITH PICTURES AND DETAILS!

Monday 11
Ropes course. I am an animal. I fell off and had to pull myself up. My arm is bruised and I win for the biggest bruise. I am Sparticus!
Those few tires you see are part of the vertical playground. If you're wondering how you get from one tire to the other, then you should probably watch me do it. My partner, Megan, and I showed them tires who's boss!

Tuesday 12
Near death experience. It's a touchie subject and I choose to no longer discuss it.



Wednesday 13
Surfer girl. That's me....well, minus the stay on the board part. Regardless, I want to throw my life away and be a beach bum.

Thursday 14
Valentine's Day party at the branch and that's good because I get service hours for it. Wahoo!

Friday 15
We took a group trip to Queenstown. The city has an atmosphere a lot like Park City. It's the recreation capital of the world. I went to the Lord of the Rings store and took a lot of fun pictures....that are on other people's cameras, of course. We did a lot of shopping, had a lot of fun in our gorgeous lake-side hotel, and had some adventure-duh.
This is me jumping from the bridge over the Kuwaru river, otherwise known as AJ Hackett Bridge. It’s the birthplace of bungy jumping..

That’s right. I went bungy jumping. I brought my BYU bookstore bag because they have a photo contest for the best picture with one. I think I’ll have a good chance.
Bungy jumping was actually not scary for me at all. I don’t know what was wrong with me. Here I am about to jump off a bridge and other people are shaking like leaves and all I can think about is how to keep that stupid bag on me.

Do you think I can have the bag when I go sky diving? ;)
As I went down I sang "And I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, free falling" (It's a song by Tom Petty). I'm SO hard core!

Saturday 16
Shopped in Queenstown

Sunday 17
Biked to church in the windiest wind ever. I'm going to have massive quads when I get home.

5 comments:

Ericrazy said...

I love how you can be so vague yet informative at the same time.

... keeps you're readers enthralled and coming back for more ;)

(and now i have this strangely insatiable urge to know just HOW you managed to get to the top of that vertical ropes course thinger o.0 ... marcindra... are you a superhero?)

O.O

Julie T said...

You have sure got me curious too! So in Queenstown did you jump--or save that for another life?!

Liesl said...

My brother hiked in the Himalayas a few years ago and had a BYU bookstore bag with him, but I don't know if he won the contest.

I love that picture.

Ericrazy said...

I didn't think it to be possible... but I think I officially love you even more XD

jumping off a bridge... connected to a 'safety device' or otherwise kinda..... scratch that.... TOTALLY frooks me out!

O.O

mas kudos por la marcie :]

Stefanie Elyse said...

Sunday the 17th only got one sentence. Lame. That bike ride deserves more attention. That was the windiest day of ALL TIME!