Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bourne and Baldwin

Monday, March 24, 2008
All good things must come to an end. Today, was the last day of YSA Conference in Dunedin. We started the morning by having the entire group go to the hill with tires. The boys tried to hit the girls while they cartwheeled across and also positioned themselves like pinball buzzers. Then the girls rolled the tires while the boys formed a human pyramind and a ramp. The ramp was by far the most entertaining.



After that we took group photos and started cleaning. Brother Price (age 68) started having a waterfight with Lennox even though he had a stroke two days ago. Crazy man. But I love him. While we were done with our cleaning but waiting for something else to happen Katie Jo, Maggie and I decided to climb on the roof. So we did. We got ontop and our hands were all black from the black roof...go figure. This provided a natural war paint. We basically Jason Bourne-ed that roof and rolled across it. We're so hard core. There is no end to the hard core things I can pull out of my hat.

We gave hugs to our chocolate thunder men and our Maori girls with funny names. It's sad to say goodbye when you know it's a final goodbye. The Invercargill group saddled up and made our way to Baldwin street. Baldwin Street, in case you were wondering, is the steepest street in the world. We sure showed our true American tourist colors.



















Heather, me, Ben, Brooke, Katie Jo, Stefanie, Maggie


After Baldwin street we went over to Cadbury Factory. We get to this one part when you go up to a silo and the perky tourguide, in hopes to create a Willy Wonka-ish ambience, says, "Now watch your step. It gets a little slippery and don't put your hand on the railing because you will get chocolate on your hand."


She wasn't joking. Not heeding her reply I stuck my hand on the railing and when I found out it was chocolate I was not deterred. I ate chocolate off of a handrail. When we got to the top they turned on the chocolate fall. Oh. My. Gosh. I got splashed by the fall and had a streak of chocolate running down my face and hair. On the way down the lady warned us not to eat the chocolate off of the railing because it's eleven months old. Oops. Oh well. If I die, it'll be death by chocolate.

3 comments:

enigmatic said...

I want to go to the cadbury factory...
Oh, and don't die of chocolate because we are supposed to live together next year.

Liesl said...

Oh, there's a dessert restaurant named "Death by Chocolate." It was in Vancouver, although I'm not sure if it still exists... the last time I went there was 10... either way, it was super good. And chocolate sounds delish.

Ashley Shae said...

I am so jealous you guys went to Duniden! Kepler was great, but I wish I could have done both. Your steepest street in the world pics are awesome too!